Earlobe deformities repair is a simple, in-office procedure used to treat a notched, sagging, or cleft earlobe. In other words, the goal of this type of ear surgery is to restore a natural-appearing and functional earlobe. In addition, patients will frequently obtain a subsequent piercing once the surgery is complete and has had time to heal. Dr. Thompson is a facial plastic surgeon who specializes in Earlobe damage repair at his Denver, CO practice.
Split earlobes can be present from birth, however, it’s more commonly associated with trauma or, tension from heavy dangle earrings after a period of time (stretched earlobes). The ear lobes can also sag. Therefore, the piercing may enlarge making it difficult or impractical to wear earrings.
Treatment and Recovery
The procedure is done in the office under local anesthesia, in addition, you will have sutures in place for the first five days, but a dressing will not be required. For instance, patients can expect mild redness and swelling after the plastic surgery. Above all, there is usually very little pain.
Once the site has had time to heal, Dr. Thompson can perform a new ear piercing procedure. It is necessary to have this step performed by Dr. Thompson, as he will be sure to avoid the incision lines associated with the previous repair.
Earlobe repair and Ear Piercing in Denver FAQs
Earlobe repair surgery is typically performed during a short clinical office visit. Therefore, the length of time varies slightly based on the extent of the defect and repair.
The results are permanent. However, there is always a small risk of recurrence. In addition, this risk increases with the continued use of heavy earrings.
If you live near Denver, CO, Thompson Facial Plastics offers Earlobe Repair among its services, and is conveniently located at 3150 E. 3rd Ave Ste. 200 Denver, CO 80206
Why Choose Dr. Thompson
- Obtained his medical degree from the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine
- Completed his head and neck surgical repair training at LSU Health Sciences Center
- Trained under the guidance of Dr. Frederick Stucker, world-renowned rhinoplasty surgeon and past president of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS)
- The AAFPRS accepted Dr. Will Thompson as one of 49 surgeons to receive a sponsored Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship.
- Dr. Thompson completed his fellowship with Dr. Stephen Smith at Smith Facial Plastics and The Ohio State University
- Board Certified by the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
Schedule Your Consultation for Earlobe Repair or Ear Piercing in Denver Today
Dr. Thompson in Denver, CO, is a facial plastic surgeon who specializes in plastic and reconstructive surgery. Therefore, if you want to have more natural-appearing and functional ear lobes, please call (303) 667-1474 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Thompson today!
READY TO GET STARTED?
We invite you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Thompson
Kybella is a treatment used for the removal of unwanted fat under the chin. It is a non-surgical alternative to liposuction.
Facelift surgery is excellent for men and women who want to reduce signs of aging to look more youthful and refreshed.
Skin cancer removal has become a significant problem for many Americans, particularly those with a history of increased sun exposure.