Men and women can both struggle with hair loss and thinning hair. Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and microneedling are newer methods that have been shown to prevent additional hair loss, stimulate the growth of stronger, healthier hair, and increase the number of hairs on the scalp. Dr. Thompson recommends an initial consultation at his Denver, CO office.
One of the most widely known causes of hair loss is called androgenic alopecia (AGA), an inherited sensitivity to androgens. Still, there are various other causes of hair loss, including autoimmune diseases, nutritional deficiencies, and stress. Many patients use oral medications and topical therapies to prevent and slow additional hair loss for the early stages. These therapies can be effective, but downsides include reversible and irreversible medication side effects and the requirement for continued, daily use to retain the benefits.
Cells from your own blood are separated and reinjected into the scalp to promote hair growth. This is accomplished through the body’s healing mechanisms through the activation of various growth factors.
The benefits of PRP and microneedling include:
- It uses your body’s cells, minimizing any adverse reaction to the therapy.
- It’s minimally invasive.
- It requires very little downtime.
- It’s associated with very few side effects.
- As opposed to daily use, it requires only a series of one-time treatments with benefits that can last up to two years.
Candidates are men and women who would like to enhance the quality and health of their hair. This treatment can be used alone or as an adjuvant treatment to oral and topical medications. Patients that can see benefit are those affected with early stages of hair loss or a sudden thinning of hair. Patients with later stages and more significant degrees of hair loss may be better managed with other therapies. To better determine if you are a candidate, Dr. Thompson recommends an initial consultation at his Denver office.
Why Choose Dr. Thompson
- Obtained his medical degree from the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine
- Completed his head and neck surgical repair training at LSU Health Sciences Center
- Trained under the guidance of Dr. Frederick Stucker, world-renowned rhinoplasty surgeon and past president of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS)
- The AAFPRS accepted Dr. Will Thompson as one of 49 surgeons to receive a sponsored Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship.
- Dr. Thompson completed his fellowship with Dr. Stephen Smith at Smith Facial Plastics and The Ohio State University
- Board Certified by the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
To see results, patients typically require at least three serial treatments spaced approximately four weeks apart.
Insurance does not cover the procedure at this time.
Topical numbing medication will be used during the procedure to minimize discomfort. The treatment will not leave scars. There may be some redness and minor bleeding, but these tend to resolve quickly.
Like other procedures, the risks include lack of treatment response, mild discomfort, crusting, and infection.
Patients can minimize risks by being honest about any potential health concerns and closely following their surgeon’s pre and post-operative instructions.
If you live near Denver, CO, Thompson Facial Plastics offers Platelet Rich Plasma for Hair Loss among its services, and is conveniently located at 3150 E. 3rd Ave Ste. 200 Denver, CO 80206
Schedule Your Consultation in Denver Today
Patients ready to schedule their initial consultation can call our office at (303) 667-1474 to set up an appointment.
READY TO GET STARTED?
We invite you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Thompson
Kybella is a treatment used for the removal of unwanted fat under the chin. It is a non-surgical alternative to liposuction.
Facelift surgery is excellent for men and women who want to reduce signs of aging to look more youthful and refreshed.